Sweet potatoes and carrots are popular and delicious vegetables that also make awesome ingredients for a yummy lunch creation. Are you thinking of soup for lunch? This recipe for beef and winter vegetable soup is thick and hearty and the perfect lunch for a cold winter afternoon. On top of all that, it is Paleo-style, so it is not only tasty, but also good for you. This recipe combines thick and delicious beef with yummy and hearty vegetables to create the perfect Paleo-inspired lunch. You are going to love this soup recipe.
This soup combines well-known vegetables with some lesser known veggies such as the rutabaga. The cauliflower adds a thickness to the soup and gives it a texture that grains normally would give. You can even add a potato or butternut squash, whatever fresh vegetable that you choose. This is a delicious recipe that is perfect for lunch and any occasion. It is healthy, all-natural, and very Paleo-inspired. Enjoy your delicious soup or others such as ginger carrot soup or wild mushroom soup.
- 2 pounds of beef chuck roast which you will cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 a cup of chopped onion
- 1 small rutabaga, cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots cut into large chunks
- 2 parsnips cut into large chunks
- 2 cups of riced cauliflower
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 6 cups of beef stock
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh parsley
- Cooking fat of your choice
- Ground pepper and sea salt
- Melt your cooking fat into a large sauce pan and put on medium to high heat.
- Brown your beef on each side and put aside till needed.
- Put in the garlic and onion and cook until it produces a smell which takes about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 of the stock so the bottom of the pan will deglaze.
- Place all the veggies into the sauce pan and cook, stir frequently until they are soft which takes about 10 minutes.
- Put the beef back into the sauce pan and add the left over stock and place a cover on top of the pan.
- Let all of this simmer over medium heat for approximately 45 minutes or until the meat is cooked all the way through.
- You can sprinkle on some seasoning to taste and add fresh leaves of parsley and serve.
Get access to 350 different paleo recipes, with a copy of Paleo Recipe Cookbook. Upgrade your meals with tasty flavors while keeping your diet.
Previous: Paleo Snack Recipes
Next Lunch Recipe: Spinach Salad with Salmon