When I decided that I wanted to lose weight, I decided to do it with meal replacement shakes. This was an easy diet for me to follow, as it required no extra cooking or meal preparation time.
I replaced my breakfast with a meal shake, using one scoop of Idealshake mixed with water. Find out why this is my favorite meal replacement shake for weight loss here. You can also add strawberries, banana, chocolate, coffee, etc. to your shake to make it taste even better. I have a lot of different recipes that you can try here.
A meal replacement shake contains only 100 calories, but still provides your body with all the nutrients (vitamins, minerals etc.) it needs to be healthy. High in good-quality protein as well a fiber, they keep you feeling full for hours, and prevent you from snacking – right up to lunchtime.
Combined with healthy snacks and homemade meals, this method is highly effective for weight loss, and for cleansing your body.
If you want to lose weight faster, you can go more extreme. As well as replacing your breakfast, you can also swap your lunch for another shake. I have also shared meal shakes recipes specifically for lunch, available here.
What plan should I use ?
Start with 2 simple steps:
- Prepare your own meals. Plan in advance and prepare your meals ahead of time.
- Replace your breakfast or lunch with a meal replacement shake
With these 2 steps, you will lose weight. I lost two pounds in one week.
You can find this plan in detail here.
Add another healthy step to lose weight faster
- Avoid high sugar foods and beverages: like soda, common breakfast cereals, candies, cookies, processed snacks, and chips
While avoiding added sugar, you can still have as much fruit as you want, and you will continue to lose weight. That’s 100% guaranteed.
You don’t have to take my word for it; experience the benefits yourself. Start my 20 No-Sugar Days Challenge. It’s 100% Free.
Add another simple step to lose even more weight:
- 2 Daily walks, minimum 20 minutes each.
- Running 15 minutes, twice a week
Go the extra mile! Lose more weight and get in shape.
- Low carb diet: avoid white bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, and every other high carb food.
A low-carb diet reduces your sugar intake, turning your body into a fat-burning machine. You can find an easy low carb diet in my article The Easy Low Carb Diet.
If you would like to know more about carbs, you can find out more in my guide What Are Carbs.
How to find a Good Meal Replacement Shake?
To find the best meal replacement shake for weight loss, follow these guidelines:
- Very low sugar: less than 3 grams
- Less than 200 calories per shake: to force your body to use fat for fuel
- Adequate low-carbohydrate: to provide energy
- Protein: to boost your metabolism
- Include fiber: keeps you feeling fuller for longer
- Includes vitamins and minerals: essential for your body to function properly
- Contains healthy fats: mono and polyunsaturated fats for your health
- Low in saturated fats: the “bad” fats that can make you fat
- Low in sodium: to avoid water retention
- Probiotics: to improve your digestive and immune system
- Natural appetite blockers: so you feel full for hours and to fight cravings
- Optional: gluten-free, vegan, soy-free, lactose-free, non-GMO
- For diabetics, use meal replacement shakes that are:
- Low in sugar, less than 3g per serving.
- Low in Sodium, preferably less than 300mg per serving
- Contain no trans fat
- Low Saturated fat, less than 2 grams per shake/serving
You can find more about how to find a good meal replacement shake here.
What meal shake do you use and recommend? Why?
I use IdealShake meal replacement shakes – chocolate and vanilla flavors. Why?
Contains a natural appetite suppressant: Slendesta means I feel full for around 3 hours after I drink the shake.
Low Sugar: 1 gram of sugar per shake
Very good protein quality: whey protein isolate
Low calorie: Only 100 calories per shake
Good price: Only $1.50 for each shake
Good taste: Not too sweet
You can always give it a try and, if you don’t like it, get a 30-Day Money Back no questions asked Refund. You can find out more about the ingredients of these shakes in my detailed review here, or order at the official site here.
Where can I find recipes?
I’ve published lots of different recipes for breakfast or lunch, and you’ll find them all here.
But, some people say Meal Replacement Shakes aren’t healthy
There are a lot of different meal replacement shakes on the market. A lot of these products are high in sugar, trans-fats, and salt. Those kinds of shakes are not healthy and are not an effective way to lose weight. Why? Too much sugar and trans-fats will make you fat.
The shakes I recommend are the best products on the market and are made by very well-known companies. I searched and tested many different shakes before I selected my top 3 favorites.
In my detailed reviews, you can find all the ingredients that each shake contains. My 3 favorite shakes (you can find them here) are:
- Low Calorie: less than 200 calories per serving
- Low sugar: less than 3 grams
- High-quality protein: to boost your metabolism
- Low-Sodium: to avoid water retention
- No trans-fats: you don’t need these bad fats
- Balanced carbs: but not too much
- Contain superfoods: natural energy boosters
- Include fiber and vitamins: very important for your general health
- Include healthy fats: so you will feel fuller for longer
- Include probiotics: to help digestion
By replacing one of your meals a day with one of these shakes, you give your body exactly what it needs, but with a lot fewer calories.
By combining meal replacement shakes with homemade food, you avoid all those fast-food and junk meals, creating the healthy habit of cooking your own food.
Avoiding high sugar and high carb foods and snacks, you will lose weight and start to get rid of sugar from your diet, which is the number one cause of obesity in the world.
In conclusion, meal replacement shakes are an effective way to lose weight. When combined with other habits (like preparing your own food, avoiding high sugar and high carb foods) they provide a very healthy and quick way to lose weight.