- Two tablespoons of coconut oil, butter, or melted ghee. (This is completely up to you and is based on preference)
- One large yam or sweet potato.
- ½ teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1 ½ pounds of preferred breakfast sausage
- ½ diced yellow onion
- 2 cups of diced spinach
- 10 eggs (whisked)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9 x 12 baking dish.
- Toss in the diced sweet potatoes in butter or fat of choice and sprinkle it all with salt.
- Put sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
- While you are waiting on the sweet potatoes to finish, place a saute’ pan over medium heat. Place breakfast sausage and yellow onion into the pan. Cook this until meat is no longer pink.
- Place this mixture into a baking dish, add your sweet potatoes, spinach, eggs, and garlic powder as well as salt. Mix well into it is well combined.
- Put this into the oven and bake for about 30 minutes until the eggs have completely set in the middle.
This is a great Paleo diet recipe, more recipes here, that is also delicious and easy to make. This recipe contains many of the staples of the Paleo diet such as vegetables, meat, veggies, and foods that are high in protein and low in starch. There are a number of healthy recipes for breakfast that it may be difficult to choose just one to try. Open up your mind and try something a little bit different all while cutting out all of those carbs and adding wholesome and nutritious foods to your diet. It doesn’t get any better than that.
Looking for more recipes ? Paleo Recipe Cookbook have more than 370 recipes. Read my review here.
Previous: Paleo Recipe Ideas
Next Breakfast Recipe: Paleo Pancakes with Nuts and Bananas