Chicken is high in protein and low in fat but that isn’t what makes this meal super – it’s all the amazingly healthy seeds and beetroot that does it! This combination of ingredients literally oozes superfoods and it tastes great too, more about superfood on my guide “My Superfoods“. The chicken comes out crispy but not in an unhealthy deep fried way. This is one of my favorite dinners and I’m willing to be it’s going to be one of yours too!
Ingredients – serves 4:
- 2 tablespoons linseeds *
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds *
- 2 tablespoons almonds, finely chopped *
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds *
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds *
- 4 x 6 oz. chicken breast fillets *
- 2 tablespoons wholemeal or plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten *
- 14 oz. baby beetroots, cut into wedges *
- 2 tablespoons olive oil *
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice *
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Combine the various and then transfer them to a plate. Dust chicken in flour, then dip in the beaten egg to coat.
Press the moistened chicken into the seed mixture until thoroughly coated. Place on the tray and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Coat the beetroot with oil and lemon juice and serve alongside the chicken with a green side salad.
More Superfood Recipes