Update: Recently launched Fixate, the cookbook containing 101 recipes for 21 day fix eating plan. Learn more about Fixate cookbook in my review.
The world’s best veggie burger
Sure, it’s pretty involved, but you’ll be able to prepare a ton of veggie burgers that you can then freeze and store (almost forever, really) when you crank out a batch. It’s well worth the extra time necessary to put all of these ingredients together.
- 200 g of frozen sweetcorn
- 200 g of frozen broad beans
- 200 g of frozen peas
- a pinch of ground cumin
- ½ bunch of fresh coriander
- 75 g of plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- 1 tbs of sesame seeds
- 1 tbs of sunflower seeds
- olive oil
- ½ iceberg lettuce
- 2 sprigs of fresh basil
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 gherkins
- 1 ripe avocado
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 large, quality burger buns
- 1 punnet of cress
- tomato ketchup, to serve
The first step to making the best veggie burgers you’ve ever had is to take all of the frozen veggies out of the freezer and give them a chance to fall out of it (maybe 15 minutes or so).
Once that’s taken care of, you’ll want to add veggies, the coriander, the flour, the cumin, and the cayenne pepper to a food processor (seasoning it to your tastes) and then just obliterating the ingredients into a pretty rough paste.
Here’s where you’ll add the sesame and sunflower seeds (and then turned up the speed to give it a number crank or two), at which point you’ll want to pull all of the mixture out and begin dividing it into roughly equal sized patties.
Dust the patties with a bit of flour, slap them on a piping hot griddle or in a skillet (or out on the grill, if weather permits) and then give them a good 10 or 12 minutes to cook – flipping them about halfway through.
Prepare the rest of the ingredients in pretty much any way you like and then dress your veggie burgers accordingly!
21 Day Fix Containers
1 Red; 2 Yellow
Recipe & Image credits to Oh She Glows
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 5 tbs of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs of dried oregano, divided
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 tps of dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
You are going to want to combine your breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons of your Parmesan cheese, a single teaspoon of oregano, and salt and pepper (to taste) together in a small bowl to jumpstart this recipe.
Once you’ve taken care of that, you’ll want to slice your tofu into as close to consistent quarter inch slices as you can, but don’t worry about being picture-perfect. Once you have sliced them, however, make sure that you immediately place them into a bowl of cold water.
One by one, pull out the tofu pieces and then press them into your “breadcrumb mixture”, evenly coating all sides as you go along. Heat up a bit of oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium/high heat, and then cook until you’ve got one side of your tofu all crisped up.
When you’ve got a good bit of browning going on, drizzle a bit more olive oil, flip the tofu, and do the same for each side.
Now you’re going to want to combine tomato sauce, the basil and garlic, and any remaining bits of oregano together, placing a little bit of sauce in a baking pan. Arrange tofu pieces on the payment, and then spoon the rest of the sauce over the pieces.
Top off with a bit of shredded mozzarella and the last 3 tablespoons of Parmesan before pushing the entire dish into your oven (preset to 400°F) and let it cook for 20 minutes.
21 Day Fix Containers
1 Red, 1/2 Yellow, 1/2 Blue, 1/2 Green
- 1 1/2 tbs of minced fresh garlic
- 1 tbs of ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tbs of chile paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 1/2 tps of ground coriander
- 1/2 of a yellow bell pepper, cut into 12 pieces
- 5/8 tps of kosher salt, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 36 pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup pf 2% plain reduced-fat Greek yogurt
21 Day Fix Containers
1 Red; 1 Green
This recipe is as simple and as straightforward as it gets!
Combine all five of the first ingredients broken down above into a medium-sized mixing bowl, really trying to mix everything evenly together. Once that’s taken care of, stir in a pinch or two of salt, and then pour the entire mixture into a Ziploc plastic bag.
Add the chicken to the marinade, and then throw the entire Ziploc back into your refrigerator for at least two hours (but you can go all the way up to overnight if you are preparing this in advance).
While your chicken is marinating away, make sure that you are soaking your wooden skewers in water – cold water – for at least 30 minutes. This is going to prevent them from burning.
The last piece of this puzzle is to preheat your grill to about medium-high. Remove your chicken from the marinade (throwing the marinade out – do not reuse it), and skewer the chicken on each stick.
Grill up each side for about four minutes until they are well done and then serve with the yogurt!
Get a free copy of Days to Fitness Recipe Book 2nd Edition
A recipe book especially designed for 21 Day fixers . Easy, Healthy and tasty recipes made with 21 Day Fix eating approved food.
The 1st Edition has been downloaded more than 25,000 times. Now it’s time for a brand new 2nd Edition of the Days to Fitness Recipe Book.
iBook Format, so it looks amazingly beautiful on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Includes the 3 best shakeology alternatives available on the market today.
Contains 46 Recipes, for each recipe you’ll find containers and nutritional information
- 10 Breakfast Recipes – Banana Bread, Baked Eggs in Avocado, Banana Flatout Wrap, Brussels Sprout Hash with Egg, Cottage Cheese Scrambled Eggs, Egg Tomato Pizza, French Toast Wrap, Pumpkin French Toast, Snickerdoodle Pancakes, Sweet scrambled eggs & oatmeal
- 10 Lunch Recipes – BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad, Balsamic Roast Beef, Bulgur, Bell Pepper & Cucumber Salad, Buffalo Turkey Balls, Garlic-Skewered Shrimp, Healthy Glazed Meat Loaf, Red Lentil Patties “Vospov Kufta”, Shrimp Scampi with Spaghetti Squash, Spinach Salad with Chicken, Avocado & Feta Cheese, Taco Lettuce Wraps.
- 10 Dinner Recipes – Turkey Lasagna,Enchilada Peppers,Ground Turkey Stuffed Pepper,Paleo Pad Thai, Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry, Broiled Salmon with Veggies, Guacamole Turkey Burgers,Mediterranean Fish in Foil, Buffalo Chicken Wraps, Pasta with Asparagus, Tomatoes and Feta.
- 7 Snacks Recipes – Overnight Oats, Pumpkin Pie, Deviled Eggs with Hummus, Pumpkin Muffins, Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, Mini Veggie Egg Cups, Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack Bars
- 3 Dessert Recipes – Peanut Butter Cups, Frozen Banana Bites, Baked Apples.
- 6 Meal Shakes Replacement Recipes: Sweet Cream Blueberry Avocado Shake, Coffee Shake, Morning Berries, Ginger fighter, Banana and Pineapple, Yogurt Morning
More than 9500 people have already downloaded their own copy.
To download your own free copy of Recipe book 2nd Edition, you only have to enter your email address and subscribe to Days to Fitness newsletter.