One of the easiest ways to lose weight is to eat fewer carbs – especially bad carbs like processed foods. Carbs, when you eat a lot of them, are easily stored as fat, and hold up the fat burning process. They also contain a lot of calories.
Does this mean you need to give up carbs entirely? I don’t think so.
Eating low carbs is easy but giving up all carbs for good is very hard, and can trigger hunger and cravings. That’s why I seldom recommend very low carb diets. Instead, I recommend you make better carb choices.
This recipe, sweet potato kale frittata, is high in protein, and contains only a small amount of carbs, and those carbs are good carbs. A lot of low carb diets will steer you away from all types of potatoes, even sweet potatoes, but a small serving won’t do you any harm.
In fact, the combination of ingredients in this recipe is designed to fill you up and speed up your metabolism making it the perfect weight loss meal.
Easy to make, this frittata is the perfect dinner recipe.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Number of servings: 4
- 6 large eggs – free-range and organic if possible
- 1 cup half and half milk
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 oz. goats cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk thoroughly. Add the milk, salt, and pepper and combine until smooth
3. Sauté the potatoes in oil until they are tender and browned. Place in separate bowl
4. Sauté the kale, onion, and garlic in oil until softened
5. combine and layer the vegetables in the bottom of a lined baking dish, and then pour the egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle with the goat cheese
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are set
7. Serve immediately or allow to cool and serve cold
Recipe source: countryliving.com
Picture source: besthealthmag.com
I´ve shared more than 250 Free Recipes and every friday I always add two more. You can find all the recipes here. Enjoy.