I love salad. I like it as a main course for lunch or dinner, or as a side dish with other meals. I’ve even been known to snack on salad and have eaten salad leftovers for breakfast more times than I can count.
There is something about the combination of colours, tastes, and textures in salads that I really enjoy. They can be sweet, savoury, light, or filling – it all depends on what ingredients you use.
One of my favourite salads is potato salad. It’s not the healthiest salad in the world but it’s so creamy and yummy that, as an occasional treat, it’s hard to beat. I like is as a side dish with grilled fish. It’s also great for dinner parties and barbeques.
Whether you make it for yourself, your family, or your friends, I know this recipe for sweet mustard potato salad will be a big hit. It’s one of my favourite salads to make and eat, and I’m sure it’s going to be one of yours.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Number of servings – 10
- 2.5 pounds of waxy potatoes, such as Charlottes, cut into small cubes
- 1 14 oz. jar of good mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 4 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 8 spring onions, chopped
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water for 8-10 minutes or until soft. Drain and leave to cool
2. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, honey, half the spring onions, and eggs and stir through the potatoes
3. Place in a serving bowl and scatter with the remaining onions
Recipe source – bbcgoodfood.com
Picture source – budgetbytes.com
Find more healthy ideas for your meals. Preparing your own food is the most important step to lose weight. Find more recipes here.