Salmon is a super superfood, check my guide “My Superfoods“! Loaded with heart-healthy polyunsaturated fats and vitamin E, salmon could very well be the best superfood fish around. It’s also high in muscle building protein. Combined with broad beans, artichoke, and rocket – this salad (which can also be eaten warm) is so good for you that your doctor should prescribe it as medicine!
- 10 oz. small new potatoes, halved
- 8oz. broad beans, fresh or frozen *
- 7 oz. roasted artichoke hearts in oil, drained *
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil *
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced *
- 1-2 small preserved lemons, zest only, finely sliced *
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 x 4-6 oz. raw salmon fillets *
- Handful of mint leaves (about 10), cut into slivers *
- 3½ oz. wild rocket *
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges or slices, for serving *
Boil the potatoes in water for ten mins and then add the beans. Cook for another few minutes until the potatoes and beans are soft. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
Take out the potatoes and put in a bowl with a tablespoon of the olive oil.
Squeeze the beans out of their skins into a bowl and add the artichoke pieces, sliced spring onions, slices of preserved lemon, salt and pepper and remaining olive oil.
Place the fish, skin-side down, in a hot pan and cook for about three minutes. Turn the fillets over and cook over a low heat for another 2-3 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool for five minutes. Skin the fish and flake it into the bean mixture.
Add the mint and rocket to the fish and beans and toss well. Place on top of the potatoes in the salad bowl and serve with lemon wedges while the fish is still warm.