Do you like soup? I know I do! It’s easy to make, filling, and can also be very healthy. Unfortunately, some soups are bland and watery. Personally, I like chunky soup with lots of flavors.
This soup combines two of my favorite ingredients – sausages and spinach. I make this soup for dinner as it’s really satisfying and only takes about 30 minutes to make. Served with toasted bread, it is the very definition of comfort food.
If, like me, you are fed up with watery soups, make sure you give this super-soup a try. High in protein and taste, I know you are going to love it!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- ½ pound Italian sausage links, skins removed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound spinach, washed and stalks removed
- 3 14 oz. cans chicken broth – low sodium
- ½ cup ½-inch vermicelli
1. Place a large saucepan on a high heat. Crumble and add the sausage to the pan. Cook until browned.
2. Add the garlic, spinach, and broth, plus one broth can full of water. Bring the mixture to the boil.
3. Add the vermicelli and then simmer for 10 minutes
4. Serve with toasted French bread or ciabatta
Recipe source: geniuskitchen.com
Picture source: thefreerangebutcher.com.au
If you enjoy this recipe there are more 250 recipes published, all healthy and all for free. Find all my recipes here.