If you have read my slow cooker quick start guide, you’ll already know what a big fan I am of these amazing kitchen labor-saving devices. With a slow cooker, you have everything you need to make healthy, delicious meals, without having to spend hours in the kitchen. Just toss your ingredients into the pot, put on the lid, turn it on, and then leave your slow cooker to work its magic. It really is that simple.
However, most slow cooker recipes are for things like stews, soups, and chilies. As much as I like those sorts of meals, it’s nice to know you can also use your slow cooker to make desserts.
This cheesecake recipe really piqued my interest when I found it on Delish.com. It not only sounded really tasty, you make it using a slow cooker, and I had never made a dessert that way before.
It came out really well, and my friends and I enjoyed it so much that it’s become a real dinner party favorite. Once you try it, I know it’ll become one of your favorites too.
Preparation time – 25 minutes
Cooking time – 7 hours
Number of servings – 6
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 16 oz. cream cheese (low fat if preferred)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a 6” spring-sided baking tin, grease and line it using baking parchment or a double layer of aluminum foil
- Put 1-2 inches of water in your slow cooker and set on low. Place an upside-down plate in the water to make a rack
- Meanwhile, in a clean bowl, mix the graham crackers, butter, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and ¼ of a teaspoon of salt. Once blended together, press the mixture firmly into the bottom of your lined and greased baking tin
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese and remaining sugar together. Add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla, and remaining salt using a hand blender
- Pour the mixture over the crust and then carefully place inside your slow cooker, on the upturned plate
- 6. Cook on high for 2 hours, and then turn off the slow cooker and leave to stand for another hour
- Remove the cheesecake from the slow cooker and refrigerate for four hours to set
Picture credit – Delish.com
More Dessert Recipes
Homemade desserts are much more healthy than any commercial sweet. Prepare your own recipes and enjoy a delicious dessert with your friends and family. More dessert ideas here.