A healthy lunch can add a lot of energy to your day. A lot of lunches seem to be designed to make you feel tired or bloated and that means your afternoons won’t be as productive as they could be. A sandwich or burger, for example, can leave you feeling very tired indeed because of the refined ingredients they contain.
That’s why raw foods for lunch are a great idea. Raw foods are living foods loaded with energising nutrients that’ll make you feel amazing. And best of all, they don’t require any cooking, so you can whip up a raw food meal in minutes. Healthy eating has never been so easy!
This recipe is one of my personal favourites; I learned it from a friend who is a raw food expert and one of the healthiest people I know. They just never seem to be ill – ever.
Make this in the morning, pop it in a resalable food container, and then enjoy one of the nicest-tasting lunches around!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: N/A
Number of servings: 2
For the noodles:
- 2 small-medium zucchinis
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1-2 gloves garlic – chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Nut milk as necessary
1. Make the noodles by removing the ends of your zucchinis, washing them, and then using a spiralizer or mandolin slicer to make spaghetti-like strands. Thinner is better as it makes them easier to eat. Set them aside in a bowl.
2. Next, blend all (How to choose the best blender for you) the other ingredients together until you have a smooth sauce. Add the nut milk slowly and gradually to avoid making the sauce too watery.
3. Pour the sauce over the zucchini noodles and then leave to allow them to soften and marinate
4. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for later
Recipe source: www.thisrawesomeveganlife.com
Picture source: www.thisrawesomeveganlife.com
More Ideas for your Meals
Home cooking is the most important step to enjoy healthy meals without spending a lot of money. Enjoy the creation of a delicious meal for you, your family or your friends. My recipes here.