Making the switch to eating more raw food can be a bit daunting at first. After all, we are all-but preprogramed to cook our food before eating it. Ever since humankind first threw food on a fire to cook, it’s the way most of us prepare our food.
But, eating raw food can have a big impact on your health; cooking often damages the nutrients in the food we eat, so eating raw foods is very good for you.
You can’t just stop cooking your food – that won’t work. You probably won’t enjoy the taste much, and you might even make yourself sick. That’s why it’s important to follow good recipes – like the ones I share on Days to Fitness.
Today’s recipe is a great raw dinner and I’ve tried it several times myself, so you know it’s a good one! If you are new to raw eating, this is a terrific recipe to get you started.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: N/A
Number of servings: 4
- 1 medium cauliflower, leaves removed
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 4 scallions, finely sliced
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon dried chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets and then place in a food processor (My favorite food processor here). Blitz until the cauliflower takes on a rice-like texture
2. Stir in the peas and the scallions
3. Mix together the lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin, maple syrup. Pour over the cauliflower and then stir to combine
4. Sprinkle with pine nuts and chili flakes, and season with salt and pepper to taste
Recipe source: www.rawmazing.com
Picture source: www.rebelrecipes.com
More Healthy Recipes
Healthy ideas for your breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks. Find your next meal on my recipe pages here.