Raw foods are exceptionally healthy. When you cook many foods, especially vegetables, you destroy a lot of the vitamins and other nutrients. This often means that those healthy vegetables won’t do you as much good as perhaps they should have.
Raw foods, because they aren’t exposed to lots of damaging heat, are often better for you and can also taste amazing. It’s always surprising how different foods taste when you eat them raw for the first time. And the texture? So crunchy! I also think that raw foods are much more filling and, of course, you save a ton of time by not having to do any cooking!
This recipe – rainbow veggie salad – is so vibrant and colorful you can almost feel it makes you healthier! It’s really easy to make and I know you’ll love the taste.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: N/A
Number of Servings: 4-6
For the salad
- 2 zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 6 carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 cups finely chopped spinach
- ½ cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dressing
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons apple vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup water
- Wash all the vegetables thoroughly before slicing
- Place all the vegetables in a large mixing bowl
- Put all the dressing ingredients into your blender and blitz until smooth
- Pour the dressing over your salad and eat immediately
Recipe source: Rawfoodrecipes.com
Picture source: Livelearnloveeat.com
More Ideas for You
Don’t get stuck, I’ve shared more than 250 recipes. All organized for different types of diets, foods and choices. Find your next healthy meal in our recipe section. Enjoy!