A friend of mine recently lost a lot of weight, and I mean A LOT! She did so well, combining exercise with meal replacement shakes. To celebrate, we agreed to have a dinner party at my house, for which I would cook.
However, I knew I had to be careful not to cook lots of unhealthy food for my friend, accidentally giving her a taste for the foods she’d need to continue avoiding to keep all that weight off.
I had plenty of ideas for healthy, low-calorie starters and main courses, but, for dessert, I struggled to think of what to make. I spent some time doing research on the internet and, eventually found the recipe I’m going to share with you today.
Despite appearances to the contrary, this dessert is healthy, low in calories and, most importantly, tasty. Who said healthy eating had to be dull! Anyway, my friend enjoyed her celebratory meal and was really happy we hadn’t eaten anything fattening or unhealthy.
If you are looking for a healthy, simple, low-calorie dessert, make sure you give this one a try.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 0
Number of servings – 2
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup frozen peaches
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt – low fat if preferred
- 4 oz. zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds, ground
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch seas salt
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender
- Put the lid on and blitz until smooth to make a pudding-like consistency
- Add a little water and blitz again if the mixture seems too thick
- Divide the mixture into two bowls
- Eat as it is or top with a sprinkling of coconut shards, dark chocolate chips, or granola
- Serve immediately
Recipe and picture source – health.com
More Delicious Recipes
All my favorite recipes are organized into different categories so you can easily find what you’re looking for. You can find all my recipes here. Enjoy !