When you think of salad, do you normally think of lettuce, cucumber, and those sorts of ingredients? I know I do! The thing is, if that’s what you always make your salads with, you’ll soon get bored.
I like salad. In fact, I love it, but I hate boring salads which is why I’m always on the lookout for new and interesting recipes to try.
This recipe is one of my new favorites, and I know you’ll love it as much as I do. It contains no lettuce, but plenty of other equally healthy, much tastier ingredients. It’s also vegetarian-friendly, lactose-free, and provides a good source of protein.
Don’t get bored of the same old green salad vegetables; give this recipe a try instead!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Number of Servings: 6-8
- 12 oz. mixed wild and basmati rice
- 2 x 14 oz. mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 oz. can of sweetcorn, drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of coriander leaves
1. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the pack. Once cooked, rinse under cold water. When cool, combine with the onion, beans, sweetcorn, and red peppers.
2. Mix the lime juice and zest, honey, and chili. Pour over the rice and mix well. Stir in the coriander leaves and serve.
Recipe source: bbcgoodfood.com
Picture source: chowhound.com
More ideas to motivate you to prepare delicious meals at home saving money and investing in your health and well-being. More than 250 recipes, all for free and all organized here.