Do you like sausages? I know I do! I don’t eat a lot of meat, but the smell of sausages cooking is one of my weaknesses. I’ve traveled quite a lot over the years and I’m always amazed to discover that almost every country I visit has its own national sausage.
From England to Spain to France to Germany to Italy, each country stuffs meat and spices into a skin, often made from animal intestines, and each one is delicious.
Some sausages are loaded with fillers such as wheat but, if you seek out good quality sausages, you should be able to find some high meat, carb and gluten-free sausages that are not only tasty but very diet friendly too.
This is one of my favorite dinners and I’m sure you’ll love it too.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
Number of Servings: 2-3
- 4-6 spicy Italian sausages (2 per person)
- 1 lb. sweet peppers
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Prick the skins of the sausages with a fork and then fry in a little olive oil for 3-5 minutes until browned. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then cut into bite-sized slices.
2. Meanwhile, cut the peppers lengthways, removing the seeds and stalks.
3. Put the peppers and the onion in a bowl and toss with some olive oil, salt and pepper plus a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar.
4. Arrange the peppers and onion on a baking tray and add the sausage pieces. Place the sausages pieces evenly on top.
5. Place in a pre-heated oven set to 400F/200C and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Serve warm sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Recipe source: kalynskitchen.com
Picture source: cookingwithmammac.com
Did you know that homemade meals are the best way to avoid gaining weight and even lose weight if you pick low carb recipes? I’ve many low carb recipes and a total of 250 plus recipes. All for free so you never run out of ideas to make your meals healthy and tasty. Find all my recipes here.