Roast vegetables might seem like an unusual choice for Christmas but, in so many ways, it’s absolutely perfect. First off, it’s easy to make so you can throw it together and go an enjoy the Christmas festivities. It’s also very tasty and healthy too. It’ll fill everyone up, and without costing too much money – good if you are on a tight budget. Finally, it combines some great ingredients to make a very festive-looking dish. It could easily be the centerpiece of your Christmas dining table!
Christmas food is traditionally American, British, or European. This stands to reason as these countries and regions tend to make Christmas the most seriously. For that reason, it’s often worth looking outside your home country for great festive food to eat.
For me, that means Italian food. I was lucky enough to travel to Italy and fell in love with the culture and the cuisine. A lot of people assume that Italian food is just pasta and pizza, but it’s so much more than that; they also love their vegetables too.
This is good news for those of us who want to be healthy and eat great food!
Inspired by my trip to Italy, I decided to try and include some Italian food in my Christmas menu, and this recipe is what I found.
It’s very easy to make, full of bright, festive colors, and has a real taste of Italy. Perfect!
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Number of servings – 6
- 1 pound button mushrooms, washed and dried
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups cocktail tomatoes
- 12 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a bowl combine all the veggies, add the oil, and add the Italian seasoning. Combine well
- Season with salt and pepper and then spread evenly on a baking tray
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, or until the mushrooms are browned, and the cauliflower is tender
- Garnish with the parsley before serving
Recipe source – jocooks.com
Picture credit – nutritionistinthekitch.com
More Christmas Recipes
Easy and 7 or fewer ingredients recipes to make your Christmas perfect and not stressed. Enjoy my favorite recipes here.