I love my kitchen blender. I use it to make lots of different foods – from smoothies to soups to sauces. Before I got my blender, I used to buy many of these foods from the store but, after looking at the unhealthy ingredients many of these foods can contain, I decided to make morey of my own.
This is not only healthier, it’s also more cost-effective as I can often make much more of the chosen food for about half the amount of money. Yes, it takes a few extra minutes a day to make soup and things instead of buying them, but I love cooking and have also found that pre-preparing food is very time-efficient.
One of my current favourite foods to make is hummus. It’s really easy to make and tastes amazing. I use it as a dip, and it’s also an ingredient in one of my all-time favourite lunches – the recipe that I’m going to share today!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Number of servings: 4 wraps
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced lengthways into ¼ inch slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup hummus
- 4 whole wheat wraps
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
1. Place the sliced zucchinis on a hot grill pan, brush with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until lightly browned – about four minutes each side
2. Meanwhile, spread around ¼ of the hummus on each of the wraps
3. Divide the ingredients evenly between the four wraps, including the now cooked zucchini
4. Roll up the wraps, slice in half, and enjoy!
Recipe source: foodnetwork.com
Picture source: joyfoodsunshine.com
I´ve shared more than 250 Free Recipes and every friday I always add two more. You can find all the recipes here. Enjoy.