I don’t eat a lot of meat nowadays. Part of the reason for this is my concern over animal welfare. Another reason is that I know that too much meat can be bad for you. I also find that meat makes me feel heavy and overly full. I do still eat meat, but not as much as I did a few years ago.
Because of this, I eat more fish and have really develop a taste for seafood. My favourite fish is salmon, especially wild salmon.
Fish is a very healthy food, and salmon is one of the best. Salmon is high in protein, loaded with healthy fats, and has been shown to be good for your heart, your brain, and even your skin.
I’m always looking for new and interesting dishes to make with this awesome fish. This recipe is easy to make, contains only a few ingredients, and is genuinely delicious. I made it for some friends last weekend and it was a great success – even with those who weren’t big fish fans. Serve with a big salad or your favourite low-carb veggies.
Need an easy, healthy, low-carb recipe for tonight’s dinner? Try honey-soy broiled salmon.
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Number of servings – 4
- 1 scallion, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned and deboned
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Mix the scallions, soy sauce, honey, and ginger together in a bowl to make a sauce
- Put the salmon in a Ziploc bag and add three tablespoons of the sauce. Seal the bag, put in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 15 minutes
- Preheat your broiler/grill to a high heat
- Grease a non-stick baking tray and place the marinated salmon fillets on it. Broil for 4-6 minutes per side.
- Remove the salmon from the broiler and drizzle with the remaining sauce and garnish with sesame seeds
- Serve immediately with a large green salad or veggies of your choice
Recipe source – eatingwell.com
Picture source – seriouseats.com
More ideas for your meals
Get fresh ingredients and prepare healthy food. Avoid junk and process food is the most important step on our diet. Find more recipes here.