Green smoothies are super-healthy. Loaded with vitamins and minerals, they provide your body with the nutrients needed to fight off illness. Unfortunately, because they don’t contain much protein, they often aren’t nutritionally complete or filling. Soon after drinking, you could be hungry again.
That’s why I really like this recipe; as well as being green, it contains protein which makes it a much more nutritionally-balanced meal in a glass. Protein helps keep you fuller for longer, speeds up your metabolism for faster fat loss, and is important for recovery after exercise.
I often have this smoothie for breakfast, but you could have it for lunch or dinner too. Ready in seconds and very tasty, this is one of the best green smoothie recipes around!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: N/A
Number of Servings: 1
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ripe banana, chopped and frozen
- ½ cup mango, chopped and frozen
- 1-2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup water
1. Put all the ingredients in your blender and blitz until smooth – 30 to 60 seconds on high
2. Pour into a glass and serve
Recipe source: ilovevegan.com
Picture source: watchwhatueat.com
More ideas to make your meals delicious, healthy and tasty. More than 250 recipes published here.