I like sandwiches for lunch. They are easy to make, easy to carry, and easy to eat. You can even eat them at your desk, without stopping work for more than a few minutes. And if you use the right bread and ingredients, they can be quite healthy too. However, there is no getting away from the fact that bread is high in carbs and gluten. That means that they aren’t right for everyone.
That’s why I was excited to try these Caesar egg salad lettuce wraps. They’re as easy to make and eat as a regular sandwich but are free from gluten and very low in carbs too.
Because they are made with eggs, these wraps contain lots of filling protein, so you won’t get hungry an hour or two after eating. That’s good news if, like me, you often get hit by the munchies in the afternoon.
Bored of bread? Want something that’s easier to eat than a salad? Try these grab and go Caesar egg salad lettuce wraps. They’re easy to make and delicious too.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 12 minutes
Number of servings – 4
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Caesar salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Boil the eggs for 10-12 minutes. Run under cold water too cool. Once cooled, remove the shells and mash the eggs with the Caesar salad dressing and the mayonnaise
2. Spoon the egg mixture evenly into the middle of the lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese and season to taste with pepper
3. Roll the lettuce leaves to make wraps. Serve immediately or seal in cellophane or aluminum foil for later
Recipe and picture source – peaceloveandlowcarb.com
Homemade meals is the most important step to lose weight and have a balanced diet. Start today and find out your next meal on my favorite recipes here.