Have you ever eaten gnocchi? They are like mini dumplings and take just a couple of minutes to cook. High in complex carbs and fibre, they are filling, delicious, and make a great alternative to pasta and rice. Those Italians – they know a thing or two about making great-tasting food!
A lot of people mistakenly believe that healthy eating is boring and that’s one of the things I like to change with Days to Fitness. Food and eating should be one of life’s pleasures, and that includes healthy food too.
After all, if you don’t enjoy the food you eat, you are unlikely to continue eating healthily.
This veggie-friendly meal is amazingly tasty and ready in less than 20 minutes, so not only does it taste good, it’s easy to make even when you are busy. Healthy eating has never been so easy!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
- 2 x 14 oz. packs fresh gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 oz. butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 16 oz. Portobello mushrooms
- 2 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- 6 oz. creamy blue cheese
- 1 oz. fresh parsley, chopped
1. Boil a large pan of water and then cook both packs of gnocchi according to the instructions. It’s ready when it floats to the top of the water – 3-5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a frying pan melt the oil and the butter. Add the mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes on high, and another 5-6 minutes on medium. Stir occasionally.
3. Add the garlic to the mushrooms and then stir in the cooked, drained gnocchi. Add the cheese and parsley, stir gently and serve.
Recipe and picture source: bbcgoodfood.com
More ideas to make your meals delicious, healthy and tasty. More than 250 recipes published here.