If you have never tried gazpacho, you don’t know what you are missing. This amazing Spanish dish is one of my favorite entrées and also makes for the perfect light lunch or snack. Some people might think twice about eating a cold soup but once you get over that idea, I’m sure you’ll love this spicy number just as much as I do!
- 4 large tomatoes (about 2 pounds), cored and quartered
- 2 slices country white bread, crust removed if desired, torn into pieces
- 1 cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 large clove garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Puree the tomatoes, bread, cucumber, bell pepper, garlic, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a blender until smooth, my recommendations for blenders under $200. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days. Serve with croutons, crusty bread, crackers or on its’ own.
Nutrition per serving – Makes 6 Servings
5 g protein
26 g carbohydrates
4 g fiber
11 g fat