Eggs are one of the perfect natural foods in the whole, wide world! Loaded with protein and other vital nutrients, they are great on their own but are also the cornerstone of many recipes. They cook quickly, are cheap, and you can buy them virtually everywhere. Organic, free-range eggs are best but, in a pinch, any egg will do.
I love to cook, and look forward to preparing food for my family and friends – especially at Christmas time. I really enjoy gathering people together, and bonding over great food and lively conversation. The biggest problem I have is that I don’t want to spend all my time in the kitchen and miss all the fun!
Because of this, I’m always on the lookout for recipes I can make in advance. If I can make at least some of the food a few hours or even a day before, I’ll know I’ll be able to spend more time with my wonderful guests.
This egg-based recipe is one of those. You can make it well in advance so you are free to join the party. After all, who really wants to be locked in the kitchen at their own dinner party?!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 6
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup salmon roe
- ¼ cup finely diced red pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1. Hard boil your eggs by placing them in water, putting on a high heat, and boiling for 15 minutes. Cool in cold water and then peel them
- 2. Place all the other ingredients in small pots e.g. egg cups
- 3. Cut the eggs in half lengthways
- 4. Leave your guests to fill each egg with the toppings of their choice or, if you prefer, make up a variety of combinations and serve ready-made
Recipe source – halfhourmeals.com
Picture credit – delish.com
More Finger Food Ideas for Christmas
More finger food recipes here.