A lot of my friends tell me that they don’t like salad. They say it’s boring, not very filling, and that it doesn’t excite them like other meals can. I ask them what they mean by salad and, more often than not, they talk about big bowls of lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber. That’s it! No wonder they think salad is boring.
Salads don’t have to be green. They can be made from a very wide range of ingredients and can be as bright and tasty as you can imagine. Using a wider variety of veggies, and even adding some fruit, nuts, and seeds can make salads interesting, tasty, and fun. Salad doesn’t have to be dull.
This salad is made from courgettes, otherwise known as zucchini. You’ll need a spiralizer to make it, so if you don’t have one make sure you check out my article Best Spiralizers.
Say “no” to boring salads and try this recipe instead. If you don’t normally enjoy salads, I can guarantee this recipe will change your mind.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – N/A
Number of servings – 2
- ½ pound zucchini, spiralized into thin noodles
- ½ red chili, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of one small lemon
- 1 small handful of mint leaves
- 2 ounces of soft ricotta
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the spiralized zucchini into a bowl with the lemon juice, chili, ¾ of the mint, and a little sea salt and black pepper. Mix gently to combine
2. Serve on a plate and garnish with the remaining mint and lemon zest, and a spoonful of ricotta
Recipe source – bbcgoodfood.com
Picture source – weightwathcers.com
Healthy ideas to make your meals more enjoyable, guilt-free and full of nutrients. All my recipes organized here.