Pasta is high in carbs and, because of that, a lot of people won’t eat it. They are worried that it will lead to weight gain. This might be true if you cover your pasta with lots of fatty or sugary sauces, or eat a huge portion every day, but if you eat wholemeal pasta in sensible-sized portions, it’s actually pretty good for weight loss.
According to something called the satiety index, wholemeal pasta is one of the most filling foods you can eat and, when it comes to weight loss, filling foods are good foods!
Combine your pasta with protein and you have a wonderful, healthy meal that is ready in minutes.
Not sure what to have for dinner tonight? Try this awesome Caprese pasta salad. Filling, tasty, cheap, and easy to make, who said healthy eating was difficult or expensive?!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 2-4
- 6 ounces wholemeal pasta shapes – I like tubes and spirals!
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 8-ounce ball vegetarian mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- 2-3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook until done to the desired softness. Drain the pasta and put back in the pot
2. Meanwhile, warm the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the tomatoes and a little salt. Cook for about 5-8 minutes or until the skins begin to burst
3. Add the tomatoes to the pasta and gently stir to combine
4. Slice the mozzarella and add to the pasta and sauce. Add the vinegar and salt to taste. Sprinkle with chopped basil
5. Serve with garlic bread and/or a large green side salad
Recipe source: Cookieandkate.com
Picture source: Cookieandkate.com
More ideas for your breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 250+ recipes shared here.