Years ago I bought my first hydration pack (Baen Sendimy, 1st suggestion) to help me stay hydrated while hiking and with my hands-free, so I could more easily balance in rough paths.
Today I use the CamelBak (my 3rd suggestion) and the other day I was thinking how much money and time I’ve saved from not buying plastic water bottles every time I go for a hike. And in terms of Ecological Footprint, it’s a great way to reduce plastic.
Less Plastic: 9 useful ideas to reduce plastic in your workplace at lessplastic.co.uk article.
If you need a good pair of walking shoes I recommend you to check my other article the Best Walking Shoes.
I would also recommend you a good pair of socks to avoid blisters, you can find my favorites on my article Walking Socks to Prevent Blisters.
Here are three different hydration packs that make carrying water while you are walking very easy.
1. Baen Sendi Hydration Pack with 2L Backpack Water Bladder
- PERFECT SET - The order Include an 2L FDA APPROVED bladder & a Hydration Pack. The weight is very light, backpack and 2L bladder add up to 0.79 pounds. Use more convenient, effort. Exterior zipper pockets on sides help you to stash your essentials such as: keys, smartphone , iPad or wallet.
- WILL FIT YOU PERFECTLY: Adjustable shoulder/chest /waist straps. The Shoulder/chest /waist straps makes sure it doesn't bounce when you move. The straps is made of strong nylon material, Wearable,durable . Suitable for accommodating 1.5 L and 2 L of the water bladder.
- WATER RESISTANT AND DURABLE: The main compartment is covered with Nylon material which serves two functions. 1. It is water resistant so your belongings stay dry in light/medium rain. It is also durable reduces wear and tear so your pack lasts longer.
- FDA APPROVED: Food-grade premium quality anti-bacteria materials. Professional military 2L Hydration Bladder,Eco-friendly material,100% odorless, tasteless, BPA- Free material. Best for hydration pack. Thick bladder material is pressure-tolerant and wear-proof, Not leaking.
- GUARANTEE: Order the Backpack with confidence! 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason the Hydration Backpack doesn't meet your standards, just send it back for a replacement or for a full refund.
Some hydration packs are built into spacious backpacks, making them ideal for long hikes where you need to carry a lot of stuff. But, what if you are only going out for a one-hour walk? You still need water, but you won’t need all that extra space or weight.
The Baen Sendi Hydration Pack with 2L Backpack Water Bladder is the perfect solution for those walkers who want to carry water but very little else. While the outer pack does have two small pockets, you won’t be able to put much in them – maybe your phone or an MP3 player.
This hydration pack allows you to carry 2 liters of water, which is about five pints. That should be enough to keep you hydrated during a 2-3 hour walk. Like most hydration packs, the bladder is pressurized and all you need to do is gently bite the drinking nozzle for water to be dispensed into your mouth.
Amazon.com reviewers award this hydration pack a decent 3.8 out of five stars, with 59% giving it the full five out of five. The Baen Sendi Hydration Pack with 2L Backpack Water Bladder is a really good value so if you are looking for a no-frills, budget-friendly hydration pack, this is a good choice.
2. Vibrelli Hydration Pack & 2L Hydration Bladder
- High Flow Bite-Valve: with easy one-handed shutoff button that won't leak, water will flow fast and won't drip on your shoulder when locked
- Taste-Free Hydration Bladder: made from medical grade materials with an anti-microbial treatment that stops algae growing in your bladder and hose
- Multiple Storage Options: Vibrelli's hydration backpack has intelligent storage options without being bulky
- Designed for Comfort: weighing just 14oz (415g), the hydration pack is featherlight, streamlined, and easy to adjust; it's a perfect cycling pack or running backpack
- Clean Drinking: the water bladder is free from BPA and PVC
The Vibrelli Hydration Pack & 2L Hydration Bladder is not just a hydration pack, it’s also a small backpack. It’s got plenty of pockets, so you can load it up with snacks and other small items. This makes it perfect for longer walks. It even has an elasticated mesh that will hold a cycling helmet.
Like most hydration packs, the Vibrelli Hydration Pack & 2L Hydration Bladder will hold about two liters of water which should be enough for a couple of hours of walking. It also features a taste-free hydration bladder, so your water will not taste of plastic or rubber. It’s also BPA and PVC-free.
I like this hydration pack because with it you can carry all the items that you might need on a longer walk, like an energy bar, a map, or even a rain jacket. But, it’s still compact and lightweight enough to use for short walks where you only need water to drink.
The Vibrelli Hydration Pack & 2L Hydration Bladder is a mid-priced hydration pack that scores 4.4. stars out of five on Amazon.com, with 69% of users awarding it the maximum five stars.
3. CamelBak Rogue Hydration Pack, 85oz
- Crux delivers 20% more water per sip, with an ergonomic handle for easy refilling and an on/off lever to prevent leaks.
- Breathable air mesh back panel for a lightweight, comfortable fit
- Magnetic Tube Trap keeps your tube secure and accessible when you need it
- External hooks let you carry your helmet while still allowing full access to your pack
- Stretch overflow storage compartment lets you easily stash a rain shell or extra layer
CamelBak were one of the first companies to make hands-free hydration systems. Their products are very high quality, and perfect for those who want a hardwearing, long-lasting, hydration pack. They also sell a variety of spare parts, so you can continue using your pack for many years to come. However, this pedigree is reflected in their prices, and this model costs around twice that of the next most-expensive pack on review.
With an 85 fl. oz. capacity, the CamelBak Rogue Hydration Pack is 25% bigger than most hydration packs. This makes it useful for longer walks, or those days when the sun is really beating down.
Made from light-but-tough material, the CamelBak Rogue Hydration Pack is available in four colors and has a small amount of extra storage space, so you can comfortably carry a light sweatshirt if it gets cold, or a snack for longer walks. Made to be very comfortable, this pack is ideal for longer walks and the extra water capacity means you should not have to worry about dehydration.
The CamelBak Rogue Hydration Pack, 85oz score 4.1 out of five stars, with 61% or users awarding it the maximum five out of five. CamelBak make some of the best hydration packs around, but that is reflected in the price.
Which one is right for you?
If you want to carry water during your walk but don’t want to break the bank doing it, the Baen Sendi Hydration Pack with 2L Backpack Water Bladder, available at Amazon.com, is the best choice for you. It might not be loaded with features but, if all you want is to drink water and walk, this hydration pack is ideal for you.
If you want to carry a few extra items for your walk, like a snack or two or even a waterproof jacket, the mid-range Vibrelli Hydration Pack & 2L Hydration Bladder is a very good choice. It’s a cross between a daypack and a hydration system so it’s both versatile and good value for money. Available at Amazon.com.
If you are serious about staying hydrated while walking, and don’t mind paying a premium price, the large 85. fl. oz. CamelBak Rogue Hydration Pack could be the right choice for you. CamelBak are the original hydration pack company and you can be sure that any of their products will more than exceed your expectations and needs. Available at Amazon.com.
Last update on 2018-09-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API