Walking is one of the best forms of exercise you can do. Why? Because it’s simple and you can do it almost anywhere and anytime. That means it’s an easy type of workout to stick to, and when it comes to successful exercise consistency counts!
To help you get started with fitness walking, I’ve produced a comprehensive guide called Walking for Health. And to make sure you wear the right shoes, I’ve also written a walking shoe guide called The Best Walking Shoes. Make sure you check out these articles, so you can get the most from your walking workouts.
Walking is not just good exercise – it’s a great way to get from A to B. I often walk to work, walk to the grocery store, or walk to visit friends. Not only do I get an extra workout without really trying, I also save money and sometimes even save time. Walking means I don’t have to worry about traffic or parking my car.
Of course, going places on foot means you may have to carry things with you. And that’s where a good daypack comes in.
Here are three of the best under 20-litre daypacks around.
1. Hikpro 20L – Lightweight Water Resistant for Men & Women
Outdoor equipment is notoriously expensive. Trust me – I know! But useful equipment doesn’t have to break the bank, as this waterproof daypack by Hikpro proves. Not only is it very well-priced, it also comes with many of the features that you would normally only get with more expensive packs – like being waterproof and very lightweight.
Available in nine nice colors, these packs are made from durable, tear-resistant nylon and have a double-thickness base to ensure they are tough and long lasting. They are also super-light which is important. After all, the stuff you have to carry will be heavy enough without putting it into a heavy daypack too!
Another thing I love about this pack is that, when it’s empty, you can fold it up, so you can take it with you and then unpack it when you need it. Useful for going to the grocery store.
On Amazon.com, the Hikpro 20L scores a very impressive 4.7 out of five stars, with 83% of users giving it the full five out of five. That’s a great rating for what is a very cheap, versatile, practical daypack.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & FOLDABLE - Minimalist Designed, Ultra-lightweight, reduced excess shoulder load, backpack itself weight Only 7.5Oz, making your journey relaxing. It also can be easily folded into a small sandwich size for easy travel.
- ROOMY - 20L Internal Space, Three Zippered Compartments，Keep Things Organized. The main pocket is Large enough to carry what you daily need. Outer smaller pocket great for quick access such as guidebooks and camera. Inner zippered pocket which doubles as the storage pouch is the perfect place for valuables such as cash, credit cards, and passport. Two large sides mesh pockets for water bottles or umbrella. Perfect for day trips, vacation, travel, day hikes, school, camping, and shopping.
- WATER RESISTANT - Made with High-Quality Water Resistant Nylon material. Its excellent water-resistant function allows the contents of the backpack to be kept dry for 40 minutes - 1 hour in the rain.
- COMFORTABLE - 20+ Years Experience makes the Most Comfortable Wide Breathable Mesh Shoulder Straps. S-type meets the Ergonomics, and easy to Adjust the length and lock firmly.
- TEAR RESISTANT & MUCH MORE DURABLE - The High-Quality Nylon material used in Hikpro backpacks have more textile threads per unit area, so it is tough and tear resistant.Moreover，double fabric at the bottom, reinforced more than 14 places with Bartack process for Extra Strength. This backpack will last for many years. We offer a Five-Year Warranty and you can buy with confidence.
2. Eddie Bauer Packable 20L Daypack
Some daypacks have just a single compartment. This keeps the price down because they are easier to make and needless material, but it also makes them less practical. After all, if you have to put big and small items in the same compartment, they’ll just get muddled up and you won’t be able to find the smaller items easily – like your phone or your keys.
In addition to the main compartment, the Eddie Bauer Stowaway 20L Daypack has two outside pockets for small items and two elasticated side pockets which are perfect for carrying a pair of small water bottles. There’s also in inner Velcro back panel pocket which is perfect for a tablet or small laptop. Made for serious walking, the straps and packs are all well-padded to make things as comfortable as possible.
All these great features mean that this daypack is a little heavier, weighing almost a pound. However, that’s not really a lot of weight when you consider the benefits you get in return.
The Eddie Bauer Stowaway 20L Daypack, which is available in eight colors, scores an impressive 4.5 out of five stars, and 61% of reviewers give it the maximum five out of five. If you are looking for a daypack with plenty of useful features, this one is a great choice.
- Do not wash or bleach. Spot clean with warm water and mild detergent. Air dry. Do not dry clean.
- Lightly padded adjustable shoulder straps
- One interior Velcro back panel pocket
- StormRepel WR finish sheds moisture
- Two elasticized mesh side pockets
3. Vaschy Vintage Leather Backpack
Most daypacks are made of nylon or some another similar material. This makes a lot of sense because that makes them light and often waterproof. It also helps keep them cheap! However, a lot of daypacks are anything but stylish. Imagine how you’ll look showing up to work carrying a brightly-colored nylon daypack when all your colleagues are carrying smart, stylish briefcases.
The Vaschy Vintage Leather Backpack doesn’t look like your average daypack at all – in fact, it looks very smart and cool. Made from weathered cowhide leather and canvas, this bag looks more like a retro business briefcase than a back pack. However, it’s fitted with shoulder straps as well as a convenient carrying handle, so it won’t look out of place in the office. It’s big enough to hold a 15.6” laptop it also has plenty of small external and internal pockets to help keep your possessions organized.
Leather and canvas are heavier materials than nylon, but they can also be more hardwearing too. This daypack not only looks great, it should be very long-lasting too.
The Vaschy Vintage Leather Backpack scores a very high 4.5 out of five stars, with 75% of users awarding it the full five out of five. If you are after a stylish, hardwearing daypack that will look at home in the office, this is an excellent choice.
- 1.Fashionably designed with top quality genuine leather and canvas, this is a casual, simple and generous backpack. It is made of 100% cotton canvas which is soft, breathable, durable and shrink resistant.
- 2.This leather backpack has an main pocket covered by a leather flap which is concealed with two narrower leather straps for enhanced security and tight packing. It has two interior pockets. It also has padded compartment for a 15 inch laptop. The large main pocket has a heavy duty and smooth zipper.It has two sides pockets for water bottles. It has a leather flap front pocket with magnetic closure.It has a secured zipped pocket at the back.
- 3.Dimension: 34x14x42cm/13.4x5.5x16.5in Laptop compartment :29x5x31cm/11.4x2x12in Adjustable strap : 45-85cm/17.7x33.5in Weights: 1.22kg,Capacity: 0.7cu ft/ 20L
- 4.The laptop backpack is ideal for school, college going students for carrying books, notebooks and it has compartments to store basic necessities such as keys, stationaries,calculator, cellphone, wallets, a 15 inch laptop, cameras, iPods, iPads, tablets etc., which cover most of our life's necessities.
- 5.With one year warranty by Vaschy,it is perfect backpack for tourism, hiking, short trips, mountaineering, vacations, camping, shopping and so on.
Which one is right for you?
If you are on a budget and want a simple and extremely light daypack, the Hikpro 20L (Available at Amazon.com) is hard to beat. Its simple design means it weighs next to nothing and, because you can pack it away when it’s not in use, you can take it anywhere.
If you want a more technical daypack with plenty of features, and don’t mind paying a little more, the Eddie Bauer Stowaway 20L Daypack (Available at Amazon.com) is a great choice. It’s tough enough for hikes in the countryside and should survive anything Mother Nature throws at it.
If you want a stylish, workplace-friendly daypack that is big enough for your laptop, the Vaschy Vintage Leather (Available at Amazon.com) is the perfect choice. It’s a little more expensive but, because it’s made from strong, natural, fabrics it should last for many years.
Last update on 2019-03-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API