Breakfast is an important meal and should give you energy for the whole morning. However, a lot of people either don’t have time for breakfast or end up eating something really unhealthy – like pastries or sugary cereal.
I know time is an issue first thing in the morning – especially if you have to get your kids ready for school – but breakfast is so important it’s worth making a few extra minutes available to create something nutritious to eat, such as the recipe I’m sharing with you today.
This recipe takes no more than ten minutes to make but, because it’s loaded with protein and even contains vegetables, it’s both super-healthy and very filling. Best of all, it’s low carb so it’s weight loss friendly too.
Get up 10 minutes early to make this easy, filling breakfast; you’ll feel better all day if you do!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of servings: 1
- ½ large bell pepper, cut into rings
- 2 large eggs – organic and free-range if possible
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan
2. Place the pepper rings in the pan over a medium heat
3. Carefully crack and pour one egg into a pepper ring
5. Repeat once more
4. Cook until the eggs are firm
5. Top the eggs with cheese and cook until melted – about one more minute
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste
7. Serve immediately with any leftover bell pepper
Recipe source: atkins.com
I´ve shared more than 250 Healthy Recipes. Find more ideas for your meals here.