Most desserts are really unhealthy. Loaded with sugar, trans fats, and artificial ingredients, they are designed to make you eat more than you should. It’s no wonder that a pint of ice cream is so easy to eat!
I like eating dessert but, because of a lack of willpower, I try and stick to things like raw fruit. But, if I want something a bit more indulgent, I make this mousse recipe.
It’s dark, creamy, rich, and satisfying, but it’s also very filling. Made from avocados, it’s loaded with healthy fats and contains no refined sugar. Its sweetness comes from natural honey which is actually pretty good for you.
The other ingredients and there are only a handful, are proven health-boosters that contain vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants. Tasty and good for you? Absolutely!
The next time you are craving dessert, take some time out of your day and make this avocado mousse – it’s delicious.
Preparation time: 90 minutes
Cooking time: N/A
Number of Servings: 2
- 2 ripe avocados, halved
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
1. Scoop the flesh out of the avocados and put into a food processor. Add the other ingredients and then blend until smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into two pots and then refrigerate for an hour.
3. Dust with a little cocoa powder before serving.
Recipe source: delish.com
Picture source: bromabakery.com
Healthy and tasty ideas for all your meals, occasions and food choices. More than 250 recipes all shared here.