Have you ever tried halloumi cheese? It’s great! In fact, it’s one of my favorite cheeses which is why I wrote about is in this article. It has a firm, almost meat-like texture which makes it very filling and versatile.
It’s a Greek cheese that’s made from cow and goats milk and it’s an ingredient of a lot of my favorite meals.
One of the things I like best about halloumi is how quickly it cooks and that it doesn’t melt when heated. In fact, it goes a lovely brown color and is crispy on the outside but soft and chewy in the middle. It’s a great addition to almost any meal, but it’s especially good in salads.
Salads are the perfect ready-in-minutes, low carb, grab and go lunch. Filling and healthy, I often have a salad for lunch – usually made with lots of raw vegetables.
This recipe combines several of my all-time favorite ingredients which is why I am so happy to share it with you today. Try it; you are going to love it!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Number of Servings: 1
- 3 oz. halloumi cheese
- 1 cucumber
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of baby arugula
- ½ oz. chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Slice the halloumi into 1/3-inch thick strips
2. Grill for 3-5 minutes each side, until browned
3. Ready the salad by washing the veggies, and then slicing the cucumber, and halving the tomatoes
4. Put the arugula in a bowl and top with the tomatoes and cucumber
5. Arrange the halloumi on top
6. Season with salt and pepper and pour the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the top
Recipe source: tasteaholics.com
Picture source: asdagoodliving.co.uk
Healthy and simple recipes to make your meals tasty and healthier. Find more than 250 recipes, all organized here.