Why Detox Cleanse Diets and How
The world has become increasingly toxic, something that is definitely not ideal for your health. Because of the toxicity levels, it is always a good idea to do a detox cleanse at least once or twice per year. By removing the bad material from your body, your body can reset and perform better.
If you are finding yourself feeling heavy and sluggish, a detox cleanse diet may be just what you need. Read on to find out how a detox cleanse diet will benefit you and how you can find a great diet that suits your needs.
Detox Cleanse Diets
- What is it
- Transition to a Healthier Lifestyle – 3 Day Refresh Review
- Eating Plan
- My Results
- 3 Day Refresh Recipes
Benefits of Doing a Detox Cleanse
There are many benefits that come with cleansing. Here are a few.
- Gain Higher Energy Levels. After you detoxify your body, you will feel much more energetic. The cleanse will help you by cutting out sugar, caffeine, trans fat, and saturated fat, all of which are bad for you in excessive quantities. A detox cleanse diet will force you to replace these unhealthy substances with fresh fruits and vegetables, providing you with a natural energy boost.
- Eliminates Excess Waste. Your body may be having trouble getting rid of the extra waste that it has been storing away. Force your body to purge and eliminate the harmful waste. This will allow your body to function much better in no time.
- Encourages Weight Loss. A detox diet will quickly help you lose weight in the short-term with reduced caloric intake. It will also help you establish critical and healthy long-term eating habits. With more energy, you will also be able to exercise longer with higher intensity levels.
- Stronger Immune System. Because a cleanse will free up your organs, you will find your immune system becoming much stronger. This is because your body will be able to absorb much-need nutrients in an effective manner. Your lymphatic system will also improve, allowing you to stay healthy.
- Improved Skin. Detoxing can help your skin condition improve greatly, especially if you have acne. Expect clearer and smoother skin by the end of your detox plan.
- Promotes Healthy Changes. The detox plan will help you walk away from your old bad habits and helps you stick with your new, healthier habits.
Finding a Good Detox Cleanse Diet
There are plenty of detox cleanse diets out there. Here is what you need to consider when you are trying to find the right program for you.
- Length / Duration. Try to look for ones that only last 3 days, unless you know that the detox diet has been proven to be safe. This will make sure that you do not damage your body.
- Calories. Make sure that your detox diet has at least 1,000 calories.
- Fruit and Vegetables. Stay away from only getting nutrients from supplements. Opt for a diet that calls for fresh fruits and vegetables instead for a healthier diet.
- Take Your Time. Do not rush back into a detox cleanse right after. Only do up to a maximum of 4 cleanses per year, with at least 3 months between each plan.
- Have a Post-Detox Plan. With the right planning, your detox diet will help you launch towards a healthier lifestyle. Make sure that you continue to eliminate processed food and added sugar even after your cleanse ends. Implement a healthier diet. You want to try to have 5 – 6 small meals per day and focus on eating fruit, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fat, and lean protein.
Here is one detox cleanse diet that you can consider: the lemon diet.
The Lemon Diet (Master Cleanse)
The lemon diet, also known as the Master Cleanse, has been popular for the last 50 years. It helps you break down toxins within your body effectively. It is also great for short-term weight loss, making it a great spring detox.
If you are considering this cleanse, know that if you have had an organ transplant in the past or if you are on immune suppressant drugs, this is not a wise choice. Otherwise, this is a diet that you will want to consider.
This lemon detox diet is a cleansing program that encourages you to drink lemonade made from lemons, pure maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and water. You will need to go through this cleanse for at least 10 days.
You will need 2 tablespoons of lemon or lime, 2 tablespoons of genuine maple syrup, 1/10 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and 10 ounces of water either hot or cold. Mix all of these together for the right mixture.
When you start your diet, you need to do a salt water flush. This allows you to help your body eliminate the toxins. Add 2 teaspoons of non-iodized sea salt to a full quart of lukewarm water. Then, drink the entire quart when you wake up in the morning. Make sure you do this on an empty stomach. Remember, this will cause you visit the bathroom frequently for the next hour.
After you finish with your salt water flush, you need to drink 6 or more glasses of the mixture throughout the day. If you are underweight already, increase the amount of syrup in the mixture so that you can detoxify your body without losing weight.
If you want, you can drink an occasional cup of organic peppermint tea to help your body out. End each and every day with an herbal laxative tea. Repeat all of this for the next 9 days at least.
After you complete your cleanse diet, you need to ease off of it. One of the first day after the diet, introduce orange juice slowly back into your diet. By the second day, introduce vegetable soups and broths. On the third day, you can start eating fruits and vegetables. Make sure you do not overeat, eat too soon, and drink plenty of water. Eventually you will be able to return to your normal diet. Keep in mind that you should still avoid meat, fish, milk, and eggs until you are fully ready.