Guacamole is already very healthy as it contains avocado – a very good superfood, one of the “10 Superfoods Good for You“. But, in this recipe, we sneak in an extra portion of superfood by using a serving of superfood powder too! Serve with raw vegetable chips rather than nachos to keep this dish as healthy as possible.
Ingredients – makes around 2 cups
- 3 avocados, cubed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (or a little extra if you want it extra creamy)
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 2 small jalapenos or 1 large jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1.5 tablespoons cilantro, finely diced
- 1 scoop superfood powder, I prefer SuperGreen from Amazing Grass. Why I recommend it ? My reasons here.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Add avocado to a large bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher. Add the remaining ingredients except for the salt and pepper and stir together well. Add salt and pepper to taste, adding a little bit at a time and tasting as you go. Serve immediately or chill and store in an airtight container for 1-2 days.
Calories for entire batch: 1214