- 4 cups of assorted nuts
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of dried fruit (raisins, dates, etc.)
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of almond butter
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- Soak nuts in warm water with sea salt overnight.
- Drain and rinse the nuts in a colander.
- Lay the nuts out on a single layer baking sheet.
- Preheat your oven at 150 degrees and roast the nuts for 10-12 hours.
- Let the nuts cool before you use.
- Chop up the roasted nuts using a knife or a rolling pin.
- Put the other half of the nuts in a food processor until they turn into a pasty-like powder.
- Place a small sauce pan over medium-low heat and add coconut oil, honey, almond butter, vanilla, and cinnamon. Heat this unto you see bubbles and then quickly remove from the heat.
- Get a large bowl to mix the chopped nuts, ground nuts, almond butter, and dry fruit mixture into everything is mixed thoroughly.
- Pour your mixture of nuts into a covered dish and pack in the mixture of granola tightly all in one layer.
- Cover this with parchment paper and allow it to sit for about 2 hours at room temperature.
- Place this in the freezer for about an hour.
- Slice up the granola into squares or rectangles and serve. You must keep all leftovers in the refrigerator.
The preparation for this Paleo-inspired granola bar recipe has a lot of preparation work involved but will provide you with a yummy snack for days on end. Replace those processed snacks with one of these delicious granola bars and you will feel healthier and more energized throughout the day. This one may take a while but it is definitely worth it.
More ideas for your snacks at Paleo Recipe Cookbook. Find why this is the most popular recipe book. All the information in my personal review.
Previous: Paleo Breakfast Recipes
Next Snack Recipe: Paleo Diet-friendly Popcorn from Cauliflower