What is it?
The original P90X focused on high intensity, one hour long workouts, that were designed to take 90 days, exercising six days each week. They combined it with a nutritional program that can transform you from the inside out.
By combining a variety of exercise techniques, like strength training, cardio, yoga, plyometrics, and stretching, the P90 and Tony Horton has created a training method they call Muscle Confusion.
The idea behind Muscle Confusion suggests that your muscles become accustomed to the same old routine and then stop benefiting from your workouts, as they should. By mixing the variety, your muscles become confused and will continue to be challenged to strengthen and grow.
P90X3, official site, has taken the one hour-long workout routine, thrown it out the window and started over. It is in a way a reboot of the P90X. People are busy. They have lives that will not always allow for a lengthy commitment, yet they still want to get healthy and stay healthy.
Does P90X3 Work?
It’s not the same old P90X;
Tony Horton went into the exercise laboratory and chose to start over, as he has created P90X3 from scratch. He created the high intensity routines that will give you the P90X body you want with a time investment you don’t. Are you ready to commit?
The P90X3 is intense and addresses one of the most common reasons given for why people give up on a physical fitness program. People don’t want to sacrifice the time to get healthy.
Many, if not most, exercise programs require a significant time commitment. The P90X3 program is designed to get you in shape with only a thirty-minute routine each day. If you throw in a few minutes for warm-up, from a true cold start, then maybe you will invest 45 minutes each day into the program. A time saver no matter what your schedule is.
It is imperative for you to understand that you will be working harder for the shorter amount of time to receive the ultimate impact of P90X3.
According to the group of individuals used as a test group to prove the effectiveness of the P90X3 training system, people get better results from the 30-minute workouts than a 60-minute workout. Why? Studies show that the most dramatic transformations of the body take place in the first 30 minutes of a given exercise routine.
If you want to be a healthier, happier, and fitter you, then look no further than P90X3. Sure itâ€™s tough. You are going to be sore at first. It’s going to kick your butt, that’s what it is designed to do.
The P90X3 will work for you. However, it is like everything else in life. You will get out of it what you put into it.
Thirty minutes each day means you better be bringing it. You will be pushing yourself harder to keep up with the routine. When you start getting tired, just take a look at the clock and realize that there really isn’t that much longer to go.
You can choose a schedule to fit your individual needs:
- Classic Schedule: total body fitness, Classic is a program of choice.
- Lean Schedule: designed for those who prefer a more toned look.
- Mass Schedule: if you prefer bulking up to getting ripped.
- Doubles: niche rotation; not appropriate for all; complete 90 days of P90X3 first.
There are 16 different workouts to be used repeatedly over the course of your 90-day routine. This helps to fend off boredom, no more same old routine day after day.
Here is a list of the different workouts:
- Total Synergistics: full body resistance program
- The Challenge: push-ups and pull-ups.
- Incinerator: This workout is about bringing it until you can’t anymore.
- The Warrior: This workout targets your total body and can be done anytime, anywhere.
- Eccentric Upper: focuses on upper body, building lean-muscle growth faster.
- Eccentric Lower: focuses primarily on your lower body
- Agility X: mix of aerobic and anaerobic, helps with flexibility, balance, and agility.
- Trimetric: speed and power workout, includes plyometrics
- Decelerator: balances your ability to go up strong and come down safe.
- CVX: Cardio Vascular X-treme
- MMX: mixed martial-arts
- Accelerator: Increase of cardiovascular and muscular efficiency
Core, Flexibility, and Balance Workouts
- X3 Yoga
- Pilates X
- Isometrix: Isometric contraction and instability!
- Dynamix: helps create and increase range of motion, flexibility, and stabilization.
What About Results ?
You want results then step up and get to work, but it is always better to plan your work and then work your plan.
First you must set some goals. What do you hope to accomplish by committing to do P90X3? What do you want to look like or feel like when you finish?
You also must be determined. You cannot quit. No one will come through the screen and yell at you, or cuss you, if you skip a day, or fail to complete a routine, but you will know. You are a competitive person of integrity so don’t sell yourself short, finish the day, the week, the month, the 90-day regimen.
When you follow the fitness portion and combine it with the nutritional program you will have the whole package and you will be well on your way to having a new lifestyle.
The P90X3 Test Group was made up of 40 individuals, both men and women. They participated in the physical fitness regimen as well as followed the nutritional guidelines and diet. The result for 39 out of 40 participants after 90-days was a 10% loss of total body fat!
The test group was able to show tremendous results from their thirty minutes each day for 90 days with the P90X3 system and so can you. However, it is all up to you.