No matter what diet program you are using, Autumn Calabrese’s FIXATE book of recipes can help you make tasty meals for yourself and your family. The top of each page can help you with color coded boxes for those using the 21 day fix program, while the bottom of the page includes nutritional information for a variety of other diet programs. These recipes are also kid friendly and can help you teach your child about eating healthy as well as appropriate proportions. You will also be able to enjoy recipes that are Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, or Gluten-Free too. Learn more about on my review here.
One of the most important meals of the day, millions and millions of people skip breakfast – and they are making a big mistake because of it. When you are getting started with the 21 Day Fix you need to flood your body with everything that essential protein and carbohydrates (in the form of fruit) bring to the table, which means that you need to start the day off right with the picture-perfect breakfast.
Here are a couple of ideas to help you get started!
Amazing Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup of part-skim ricotta cheese
- Salad oil
These pancakes are going to change the way you look at breakfast forever. This recipes is for 8 servings and it takes around 20 minutes.
Giving you absolutely everything you need to start the day off right, they are a little bit sweet and a little bit sour all at the same time – giving you the perfect punch you need to make healthy living as easy and effortless as the 21 Day Fix promises.
To prepare lemon ricotta pancakes just follow these simple directions:
Mix up your flour, your sugar, your baking soda, and your salt in a large bowl, making sure that everything is perfectly and evenly combined together. In a separate bowl, you’ll want to whisk together your buttermilk, the egg yolks, and the lemon peel that you have graded up – again mixing everything until it is pretty evenly combined.
From there, beat up your egg whites until you get these tiny little white mountains to form, and then gently fold these beaten egg whites into your batter mixture.
Once all of that is taken care of, simply slap your favorite nonstick griddle or a 12 inch frying pan on your stove (cranked up to medium-high heat) and pour out appropriately sized pancakes.
- 1/2 Red
- 1/2 Blue
- 1/4 Yellow
Too Good to Be True Banana Quinoa Waffles
- ½ cup of brown rice flour
- ½ cup of toasted quinoa flour
- ½ cup of tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 eggs, separated – 1 yolk + 2 whites
- 1 ½ cups of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Quinoa waffles are going to give you that perfect breakfast comfort food you’re looking for without putting you in the “danger zone” as far as carbohydrates are concerned. Topped with a bit of banana, these could quickly become your favorite breakfast time food!
Here’s how to prepare these banana quinoa waffles:
Take out your waffle iron and turn it on or place it over a medium heat burner, allowing it to come up to temperature.
While you’re waiting for your waffle iron to heat up, combine the different types of flour together with baking powder, all spices, and that little bit of salt. In a separate mixing bowl, you’ll want to bring together the banana, the egg yolk, as well as the milk and vanilla – beating them evenly together until everything is smooth.
At this point in time you’ll also want to make sure that you gently beat your egg whites in a separate bowl until you see tiny little white mountains, at which point you’ll want to mix all ingredients together.
From there, simply grease up your waffle iron and then pour in just enough batter to fill the pattern.
Rinse and repeat until you’re stuffed!
- 1/2 Red
- 1/2 Yellow
- 1/2 Purple
- 2 tsp Grey
The Best Egg Sandwich you’ve ever had in your life
- 2 strips turkey bacon
- 1 1/4 cups of egg whites
- 4 slices of whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup of shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups of diced, seeded plum tomatoes
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray
Sometimes you’re just looking for a quick snack to get out the door with, but you can’t afford to cut your breakfast short. In those situations, you’ll want to reach for the very best egg sandwich you’ve ever had in your life.
Microwave up the turkey bacon strips (should take about three minutes or so) right off the bat and then set them aside. After nuking the bacon, it’s time to whisk together the egg whites as well as the salt and pepper while you let your skillet heat up on the stove.
Once your skillet reaches the right temperature (after a couple of minutes on medium high heat) you’ll want to pour in the egg white mixture, giving it a quick swirl or two to create gently scrambled eggs that stick together.
From there, simply slap the egg whites on a piece of toast and then topped with cheese, turkey bacon, and the diced tomatoes – and you’re out the door with a fantastic little meal!
- 1 Red
- 1 Yellow
- 1/3 Blue
Get 10 More Free Approved Breakfast Recipes
Looking for some more breakfast ideas for your eating plan ?
1st Edition has more than 25,000 downloads. I want to thank you, and what better way than by creating a brand new, more complete, and better looking 2nd Edition.
I’ve created a Recipe Book with 46 approved recipes for 21 Day Fix Program. All the recipes have containers color information, so you know which containers are used for each recipe. All the ingredients are approved on the 21 day fix eating plan.
What’s new in the 2nd Edition ?
- Now available in iBooks format, it looks beautiful on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Now with Dessert recipes included (3 recipes).
- Includes Shakeology Alternatives and 6 Meal Shakes recipes.
- Totally redesigned, including a better layout, easy-to-follow instructions, and perfect organization.
- All recipes include 21-Day Fix Containers information.
- Total of 46 Recipes (Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, and Meal Shakes).
- Also available as a PDF.
As always, it’s FREE .
What is inside my 21 day fix approved recipes book:
- 10 Breakfast Recipes – Banana Bread, Baked Eggs in Avocado, Banana Flatout Wrap, Brussels Sprout Hash with Egg, Cottage Cheese Scrambled Eggs, Egg Tomato Pizza, French Toast Wrap, Pumpkin French Toast, Snickerdoodle Pancakes, Sweet scrambled eggs & oatmeal
- 10 Lunch Recipes – BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad, Balsamic Roast Beef, Bulgur, Bell Pepper & Cucumber Salad, Buffalo Turkey Balls, Garlic-Skewered Shrimp, Healthy Glazed Meat Loaf, Red Lentil Patties “Vospov Kufta”, Shrimp Scampi with Spaghetti Squash, Spinach Salad with Chicken, Avocado & Feta Cheese, Taco Lettuce Wraps.
- 10 Dinner Recipes – Turkey Lasagna,Enchilada Peppers,Ground Turkey Stuffed Pepper,Paleo Pad Thai, Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry, Broiled Salmon with Veggies, Guacamole Turkey Burgers,Mediterranean Fish in Foil, Buffalo Chicken Wraps, Pasta with Asparagus, Tomatoes and Feta.
- 7 Snacks Recipes – Overnight Oats, Pumpkin Pie, Deviled Eggs with Hummus, Pumpkin Muffins, Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, Mini Veggie Egg Cups, Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack Bars
- 3 Dessert Recipes – Peanut Butter Cups, Frozen Banana Bites, Baked Apples.
- 6 Meal Shakes Replacement Recipes: Sweet Cream Blueberry Avocado Shake, Coffee Shake, Morning Berries, Ginger fighter, Banana and Pineapple, Yogurt Morning
More than 9500 people have already downloaded their own copy
To get the Days to Fitness Recipe Book 2nd Edition you just have to subscribe to my newsletter. Please, write your email and you’ll get an email with a link to download your own free copy.
On my newsletter I’ll send you more ideas to keep your motivation and help you to finish 21 Day fix and how to keep fit after it. If , for some reason, you don’t want to get more information you can always unsubscribe.