These no-bake protein bars are packed with fiber as well as protein. They aren’t too sweet and I love to grab one of these with my coffee when I’m too busy for breakfast. Make them even tastier by drizzling dark chocolate over them for a special treat!
Ingredients – Makes eight
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup nut or seed butter
1 1/3 cups low-fat milk
1 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder ( available on Amazon.com)
1/3 cup dried cranberries
2 tsp finely grated orange zest
1) Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2) In a food processor, process oats into a fine powder.
3) Add nut butter and milk to processor jug. Pulse until mixture is smooth.
4) Add protein to the jug, and pulse until incorporated, stopping to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl once or twice with a rubber spatula. Stir in cranberries and orange zest.
5) Transfer mixture to the prepared pan. Place a large piece of wax paper or plastic wrap (coated with non-stick cooking spray) atop the bar mixture and use it to spread and flatten the mixture evenly. Cover and refrigerate overnight until very firm.
6) Using the liner, lift the mixture from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Uncover and cut into eight bars.
Nutrition (per bar):
Protein 20 grams
Carbohydrate 15 grams
Fiber 3 grams
Fat 11 grams